Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- The Compassion of Secular and Religious Voices - Patheos (blog) November 20, 2015Patheos (blog)The Compassion of Secular and Religious VoicesPatheos (blog)Together with Roy Speckhardt of the American Humanist Association, we collaborated on a Common Ground conference at Rutgers University on October 8, bringing together friends such as Chris Stedman, Dr. Anthony Pinn, Gretta Vosper, Arun Gandhi ...
- Southern Railway has it easy - The Hindu November 20, 2015Southern Railway has it easyThe HinduMahinder Singh completed the agony for TNP with a minute remaining for the hooter with a fierce backhander from the left extreme that beat goalkeeper Arun Gandhi. Earlier, defending champion IOB thumped Chennai City Police 7-0 with Harmanpreet, Adam ...
- Media Release: Peace Tartan tweets to Outlander star bring 'honoured' response - allmediascotland.com (press release) November 16, 2015Scotland NowMedia Release: Peace Tartan tweets to Outlander star bring 'honoured' responseallmediascotland.com (press release)“We are delighted to say that Graham McTavish will now join Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and award-winning Scottish piper, Craig Wear, as kilt-wearing international ambassadors of the World Peace Tartan Initiative.” Spence added: “The ...Outlander star Graham McTavish named World Peace […]
- Stopping war comes from each of us: Arun Gandhi on his grandfather Mahatma - Open Democracy November 10, 2015Open DemocracyStopping war comes from each of us: Arun Gandhi on his grandfather MahatmaOpen DemocracyArun Gandhi: Unfortunately, a lot of the scholars in Gandhian philosophy all over the world have looked at nonviolence as a weapon: a strategy to use in certain conflicts. But I think it really is about personal transformation. My grandfather was […]
- New Girls Inc. Jacksonville chief led to nonprofit work by Columbine High ... - Florida Times-Union November 9, 2015Florida Times-UnionNew Girls Inc. Jacksonville chief led to nonprofit work by Columbine High ...Florida Times-UnionShe was also executive director of A Season for Nonviolence, a Denver nonprofit founded by her friend and mentor Arun Gandhi, the fifth grandson of Mahatma K. Gandhi. In that position, she developed and delivered nonviolence and bullying prevention ...