Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Arun Gandhi says culture of violence needs to change - Buffalo News October 23, 2016Buffalo NewsArun Gandhi says culture of violence needs to changeBuffalo News"We are becoming too dependent on the culture of violence and we need to transform and become more peaceful, more loving and respectful of each other," said Arun Gandhi, the 82-year-old peace activist, who was a journalist for the Times of India for 30 ...
- Brattleboro Literary Festival offers a read on the times - vtdigger.org October 17, 2016vtdigger.orgBrattleboro Literary Festival offers a read on the timesvtdigger.orgFor his part, Arun Gandhi, grandson of the legendary Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi, revealed memories captured in his “Grandfather Gandhi” children's books. “The more materialistic we become, the less moral we are,” the 82-year-old descendent said.and more »
- Lee Littlewood: Books About Kindness Are Much Needed - Noozhawk October 15, 2016NoozhawkLee Littlewood: Books About Kindness Are Much NeededNoozhawkChild psychologists and educators suggest that kids read books when they have issues with potty training, healthy eating, new siblings and other adjustments. These books should also be suggested, for they promote kindness — the antidote to bullying ...
- Gandhi's grandson stresses an end to violence - Lincoln Journal Star October 11, 2016Lincoln Journal StarGandhi's grandson stresses an end to violenceLincoln Journal StarThe lessons he learned, which stress no physical violence and no passive violence against others, have stood as examples to leaders in a wide array of movements over the past century, including the Civil Rights movement in the U.S., Arun Gandhi told a ...and more »
- Livingston County News | Gandhi's grandson shares lessons he ... - The Livingston County News October 10, 2016Livingston County News | Gandhi's grandson shares lessons he ...The Livingston County NewsPERRY — A month after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Arun Gandhi was invited to speak to the congregation of Unity Church in New York City, The ...and more »