Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Gandhi's grandson speaks at Corning CC event Saturday - Elmira Star-Gazette April 20, 2015Elmira Star-GazetteGandhi's grandson speaks at Corning CC event SaturdayElmira Star-GazetteArun Gandhi knew him by another name: Grandfather. Growing up in South Africa, young Arun faced a similar kind of racism from the white minority that blacks did. So in the final two years of Mahatma Gandhi's life, Arun lived with his grandfather in ...Gandhi's grandson […]
- How Arun Gandhi Continues His Grandfather's Legacy By 'Planting The Seeds ... - KGOU April 8, 2015KGOUHow Arun Gandhi Continues His Grandfather's Legacy By 'Planting The Seeds ...KGOUMahatma Gandhi preached a philosophy of nonviolence, understanding, and the search for truth. 67 years after Gandhi's death, his grandson Arun Gandhi continues spreading that message of peace and carrying on his legacy. The younger Gandhi grew up ...
- Gandhi's grandson coming to Lakewood - MyCentralJersey.com April 6, 2015MyCentralJersey.comGandhi's grandson coming to LakewoodMyCentralJersey.comAt 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 9, Gandhi's grandson, Dr. Arun Gandhi, 80, will speak at Georgian Court University, Lakewood, in the Casino auditorium. Cost is $5; free for the Georgian Court community with ID. The title of his speech is "Lessons from my ...and more »
- CCC event offers Gandhi's grandson, hands-on activities - Elmira Star-Gazette April 4, 2015Elmira Star-GazetteCCC event offers Gandhi's grandson, hands-on activitiesElmira Star-GazetteCorning Community College will offer its first Discovery Day, offering a host of hands-on health, science and art activities, as well as an original production celebrating the region's waters. The debut event will feature a 1 p.m. keynote speech by ...
- Arun Gandhi: "Nous sommes tous remplis de violence" - lalibre.be March 31, 2015lalibre.beArun Gandhi: "Nous sommes tous remplis de violence"lalibre.beArun Gandhi (80 ans), l'un des petits fils du Mahatma Gandhi, est actuellement à Bruxelles. Il explique à “La Libre” comment son grand-père lui a appris les techniques de la “non-violence”. “Quand j'étais petit, mon grand- père m'obligeait à dessiner ...