Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Arun Gandhi urges peacemaking at MHCC - Portland Tribune January 23, 2015The AdvocateArun Gandhi urges peacemaking at MHCCPortland TribunePhoto Credit: CONTRIBUTED PHOTO: BRUCE BATTLE - Hundreds of people gather to hear Arun Arun Gandhi, the grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, urged an audience at Mt. Hood Community College to take up non-violence and peacemaking to make the ...Arun Gandhi carries 'Grandfather's' torch to MHCCThe Advocateall 2 news articles »
- Arun Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi's grandson, talks peace, bullies, learning at ... - OregonLive.com January 22, 2015Arun Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi's grandson, talks peace, bullies, learning at ...OregonLive.comArun Gandhi may have a message similar to that of his prominent grandfather, but the 81-year-old is making his way to the Instagram feeds of many more high-school students than his predecessor. Mahatma Gandhi's grandson signed books and posed for ...and more »
- Kids, parents included in predicting winning books at 'Caldecott Read-In' - Columbus Dispatch January 22, 2015Kids, parents included in predicting winning books at 'Caldecott Read-In'Columbus DispatchBallinger has four favorites: Grandfather Gandhi, written by Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus and illustrated by Evan Turk; Sam and Dave Dig a Hole, written by Mac Barnett and illustrated by Jon Klassen; Sparky! written by Jenny Offill and illustrated ...
- Gandhi's grandson coming to Portland: Diversity news roundup - OregonLive.com January 20, 2015Gandhi's grandson coming to Portland: Diversity news roundupOregonLive.comOne of Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi's grandsons is coming to Portland. Arun Gandhi will present "Teaching Peace in Turbulent Times" at the Portland Community College Cascade campus, 205 North Killingsworth, on Thursday. The event is free, open to the ...
- Gandhi's grandson urges change from within - The Columbian January 19, 2015The ColumbianGandhi's grandson urges change from withinThe Columbian“They were born regular, ordinary people like all of us,” said Arun Gandhi, grandson of the legendary, nonviolent champion of Indian independence, during a visit to the First Congregational United Church of Christ in Hazel Dell on Sunday. He was ...Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi speaks at Vancouver MLK […]