Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Reading Corner: Cheers for children's book winners and more - STLtoday.com March 24, 2015STLtoday.comReading Corner: Cheers for children's book winners and moreSTLtoday.comGrandfather Gandhi, 10 years in the making, written by Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus and illustrated in vivid mixed media by Evan Turk;. Draw by Raul Colon, a favorite of mine that, as an homage to creativity, just might get kids to pick up crayons.and more »
- Arun Gandhi speaks at OU Thursday about transformative peace - Oklahoma Daily March 13, 2015Arun Gandhi speaks at OU Thursday about transformative peaceOklahoma DailyGandhi's grandson, Arun Gandhi, spoke Thursday evening at the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication offering insight and inspiration to a campus brimming with emotion and tension. Arun Gandhi spoke of the need for mutual respect, ...and more »
- Gandhi's grandson to speak at OU about non-violence - The Oklahoma Daily March 9, 2015Gandhi's grandson to speak at OU about non-violenceThe Oklahoma DailyArun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, will speak about non-violence at 7 p.m. on Thursday at the Gaylord Auditorium, said Zoe Sherinian, a musicology professor affiliated with the Center for Social Justice. Rev. Jacqulin Jothi, a minister from the ...
- Third-graders talk social justice with Gandhi's grandson - U-T San Diego March 7, 2015Third-graders talk social justice with Gandhi's grandsonU-T San DiegoFrom his home in Rochester, New York, Arun Gandhi, 80, talked to students about his memories living with his grandfather. He talked about his grandfather's simple existence that included few possessions, his humor, and his frustrations. Arun Gandhi ...
- Napa Supervisor Wagenknecht presents stories in honor of Gandhi, King - Vallejo Times Herald March 7, 2015Napa Supervisor Wagenknecht presents stories in honor of Gandhi, KingVallejo Times HeraldEstablished by Mohandas Gandhi's grandson, Arun Gandhi, the Season for Nonviolence is an annual event celebrating the philosophies and lives of Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. It begins with the anniversary of Gandhi's assassination on Jan. 30 and ...Wagenknecht to honor Season of Nonviolence […]