Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- How did three men accused of murdering Mahatma GANDHI 'vanish into thin air'? After 69-years India's government ... - Daily Mail February 19, 2017Daily MailHow did three men accused of murdering Mahatma GANDHI 'vanish into thin air'? After 69-years India's government ...Daily Mail'The Mahatma Gandhi assassination case has been full of lacunae,' Tushar Arun Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi's great-grandson, told Mail Today. 'There was a very strange incident that day after the process of appeal in the Punjab high […]
- Lancaster County nonprofits merge to create new conflict mediation group, Advoz - LancasterOnline February 19, 2017LancasterOnlineLancaster County nonprofits merge to create new conflict mediation group, AdvozLancasterOnlineAs part of the Advoz's inaugural year celebration, the group also announced a May 4 event at Spooky Nook's Olympic Hall in Manheim. Arun Gandhi, the grandson of Mohandas Ghandi, is scheduled for a conversational interview at the event that will include ...
- Arun Gandhi in Portland to preach nonviolence - KOIN.com February 17, 2017KOIN.comArun Gandhi in Portland to preach nonviolenceKOIN.comPORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — The grandson of Mahatma Gandhi will be in Portland Friday afternoon to talk about how nonviolence can lead to peaceful change. Arun Gandhi will speak Sunday at the Vancouver Avenue First Baptist Church, but will also make ...
- Peace activist Arun Gandhi speaks in Eugene - The Register-Guard February 16, 2017The Register-GuardPeace activist Arun Gandhi speaks in EugeneThe Register-Guard... two pilot programs for homeless permanent · Pot sales pump $5.3 million more into Oregon state coffers · More Local ». Arun Gandhi, speaker, author and activist, spoke Wednesday evening at a fundraiser for Tsunami Books on Willamette Street in Eugene.Taking Arun Gandhi's Speech to HeartThe […]
- BENES: Open a dialogue to learn more - San Angelo Standard Times February 11, 2017San Angelo Standard TimesBENES: Open a dialogue to learn moreSan Angelo Standard TimesSAN ANGELO — The Season for Nonviolence was co-founded 20 years ago by Arun Gandhi as a grassroots educational and media campaign to bring awareness to the philosophy of attaining peace through nonviolent action as successfully demonstrated ...