Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- The new elite - News - Mid-Day - Mid-Day August 24, 2016Mid-DayThe new elite - News - Mid-DayMid-DayAlong with everything that changes with the advent of a brave new world are the games people play.and more »
- Symposium on non-violence tomorrow - The Hindu August 12, 2016Symposium on non-violence tomorrowThe Hindu... Kumar will speak at the meeting. The meeting would be chaired by president of Visakhapatnam Public Library S. Vijayakumar. Michael Nagler's book 'The Search for a Non-Violent Future', with a foreword by Arun Gandhi, will be discussed at the meeting.
- How to Become a Changemaker - Huffington Post August 11, 2016Huffington PostHow to Become a ChangemakerHuffington PostWe heard from a diverse group of speakers including Arun Gandhi, Ndaba Mandela, Nicholas Kristof, and Sheryl WuDunn. We learned design thinking and applied it to solving real problems. We participated in interactive performances, learned to harness our ...
- Done deal: Nimeshbhai signs off after 43 yrs - Times of India August 2, 2016Times of IndiaDone deal: Nimeshbhai signs off after 43 yrsTimes of IndiaArun Gandhi, former M&A head of Tata Group, said, "He understands the market - be it stock market or investment banking very well. Morgan Stanley must have learnt a lot from Nimesh about the Indian market, which prompted them to go on their own.".and […]
- Gandhi's grandson to keynote events in Newtown and Doylestown as part of The Peace Center's 35th anniversary - Bucks Local News June 5, 2016Bucks Local NewsGandhi's grandson to keynote events in Newtown and Doylestown as part of The Peace Center's 35th anniversaryBucks Local NewsArun Gandhi stands in front of a poster of his grandfather, Mohandas K. (Mahatma) Gandhi. LANGHORNE >> Arun Gandhi, 82, grandson of India's legendary leader Mohandas K. (Mahatma) Gandhi, will be the guest speaker at […]