Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Will Packer, Nia Long and Michael Ealy attend 2016 Trumpet Awards: Beyond the red carpet - Rolling Out January 26, 2016Rolling OutWill Packer, Nia Long and Michael Ealy attend 2016 Trumpet Awards: Beyond the red carpetRolling OutThis year's honorees included legendary Las Vegas comic George Wallace; former U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman; General Motors executive Alicia Boler-Davis; Wayne County Community College Chancellor Dr. Curtis Ivery; Arun Gandhi (grandson of ...
- Fall 2016 Children's Sneak Previews - Publishers Weekly January 26, 2016Publishers WeeklyFall 2016 Children's Sneak PreviewsPublishers Weekly... Thing That Came from a Spring: The Accidental Invention of the Toy that Swept the Nation by Gilbert Ford, a history of the Slinky, accompanied by dioramic illustrations; and Be the Change: A Grandfather Gandhi Story by Arun Gandhi and Bethany ...
- Trumpet Awards 2016: The good, bad and ugly - Rolling Out January 25, 2016Rolling OutTrumpet Awards 2016: The good, bad and uglyRolling Out... General Motors executive Alicia Boler-Davis, Wayne County Community College Chancellor Dr. Curtis Ivery, Arun Gandhi (grandson of Mohandas Gandhi), Saudi Arabian Princess Basmah Bit Saud. The event was hosted by actors Terrence J and Nia Long ...
- Arun Gandhi to speak at Auburn next month - Opelika Auburn News January 25, 2016Arun Gandhi to speak at Auburn next monthOpelika Auburn NewsThe Auburn University Office of International Programs, or OIP, will host Arun Gandhi, grandson of the legendary Mohandas Gandhi, for a public lecture titled “Lessons Learned From My Grandfather: Non-Violence in a Violent World,” on Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. in ...and more »
- Speakers At MLK Events In Little Rock Call For King-Only Holiday - Times Record January 18, 2016Times RecordSpeakers At MLK Events In Little Rock Call For King-Only HolidayTimes RecordThe breakfast kicked off Mega Kingfest 2016, a day of activities that was scheduled to include a speech by Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi; a performance by comedian Marlon Wayans; and community clean-up projects across the city.and more »