Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Poetry, illustrations, more help ring in children's Christmas reading - The Catholic Sun December 13, 2014The Catholic SunPoetry, illustrations, more help ring in children's Christmas readingThe Catholic SunArun Gandhi had a lot to live up to, not least of whom his grandfather Mahatma Gandhi. But the12-year-old boy did not feel peaceful during prayers or successful at his lessons. Instead he felt fidgety and frustrated. And after a friend shoved him […]
- Guest column: Continuing tradition of excellent MLK speakers - WSU News December 3, 2014WSU NewsGuest column: Continuing tradition of excellent MLK speakersWSU NewsAn outstanding speaker in 1998 was Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mohandas K. Gandhi whose non-violent philosophy had a great influence around the world – including on King and other civil rights leaders. Arun Gandhi built on this linkage by discussing the ...and more »
- Best Picture Books of 2014 - Huffington Post December 2, 2014Best Picture Books of 2014Huffington PostCaTia Chen; Ivan: the Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla by Katherine Applegate, illustrated by G. Brian Karas; Grandfather Gandhi by Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus, ill. Evan Turk; I am Jazz by Jessica Herthel and Jazz Jennings, ill.
- Gift guide: Children's books - SFGate November 29, 2014SFGateGift guide: Children's booksSFGateGrandfather Gandhi, by Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus; illustrated by Evan Turk (Atheneum; 40 pages; $17.99; ages 4-8). A grandson warmly recalls the revered pacifist whose teachings about anger have personal and political merit. Josephine: The ...
- Let There Be Peace: A Q&A With Arun Gandhi - The Nation. October 27, 2014The Nation.Let There Be Peace: A Q&A With Arun GandhiThe Nation.Arun Gandhi was 14 years old when his grandfather, Mahatma Gandhi, the most prominent leader in India's independence movement, was assassinated. It was 1948, just one year after the country gained independence from Great Britain. Two years prior ...