Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Parliament of World's Religions draws people from around the world - Examiner.com October 8, 2015Examiner.comParliament of World's Religions draws people from around the worldExaminer.com... seminars and religious practices and to hear from such internationally-respected speakers as Mairead Maguire, Oscar Arias Sanchez, Dr. Karen Armstrong, Dr. Tariq Ramadan, Dr. Eboo Patel, Chief Arvol Lookinghorse, Valarie Kaur, Dr. Arun Gandhi, Rev.
- Arun Gandhi : "Mon grand-père m'a appris à traiter la colère avec intelligence" - Francetv info September 29, 2015Francetv infoArun Gandhi : "Mon grand-père m'a appris à traiter la colère avec intelligence"Francetv infoAgé de 81 ans Arun Gandhi, petit fils du Mahatma sort ces jours-ci la version française de son livre "Mon grand-père était Gandhi". Il parcourt le monde pour porter le message de son aïeul et pour la première fois, il fait […]
- Arun Gandhi : «J'ai peur pour l'humanité» - Le Figaro September 28, 2015Le FigaroArun Gandhi : «J'ai peur pour l'humanité»Le FigaroNé en 1934 en Afrique du Sud, Arun Gandhi est le petit-fils du Mahatma («grande âme», en sanskit), apôtre de la non-violence et père de la nation indienne (1869-1948). Ecrivain, journaliste et enseignant, il a fondé en 2008 le Gandhi Worldwide ...
- Explain Your Letter: That Time We Claimed That Gandhi Drank His Own Pee - Newsweek September 23, 2015NewsweekExplain Your Letter: That Time We Claimed That Gandhi Drank His Own PeeNewsweekWelcome to "Explain Your Letter," a feature wherein we choose an interesting letter published in Newsweek decades ago and track down its writer to ask for an explanation of what he or she wrote. This installment stars Arun Gandhi, a self-described ...
- Jacques Attali et Arun Gandhi parlent violence, paix et avenir dans Madame Figaro - MCE Ma Chaine Etudiante September 15, 2015MCE Ma Chaine EtudianteJacques Attali et Arun Gandhi parlent violence, paix et avenir dans Madame FigaroMCE Ma Chaine EtudianteMadame Figaro s'est entretenue avec Arun Gandhi, petit fils du Mahatma et fondateur du Gandhi Worldwide Education Institute, qui soutient financièrement des projets centrés sur l'éducation, de manière à contrer l'exploitation des enfants dans les ...