Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Church will preview world interfaith event - Pamplin Media Group May 20, 2015Church will preview world interfaith eventPamplin Media GroupOther featured speakers include 1987 Nobel Peace Prize winner and former president of Costa Rica Oscar Arias, television and radio personality Tavis Smiley, Sioux tribe Chief Arvol Lookinghorse, humanitarian Arun Gandhi, United States Ambassador ...
- Allan Silva Hired as Crusader Basketball Head Coach - Hawaii News Now May 16, 2015Allan Silva Hired as Crusader Basketball Head CoachHawaii News NowSilva received a commendation from the Hawaii State Senate as an Outstanding Advocate for Children & Youth in Hawaii, and from Dr. Arun Gandhi - “We Are One Foundation” for his message of Aloha that he shares with youth and adults. As a coach, he's ...and more »
- Arun, nipote di Gandhi: "Piantiamo semi di pace nel mondo" - JustNews.it Il PORTALE delle news May 13, 2015JustNews.it Il PORTALE delle newsArun, nipote di Gandhi: "Piantiamo semi di pace nel mondo"JustNews.it Il PORTALE delle news“Mi considero un agricoltore di pace. Un contadino esce in campo per piante semi e spera di ottenere un buon raccolto. Esco ovunque possa piantare semi di pace“. È con questa metafora che Arun Gandhi, 81 anni, all'interno […]
- Gandhi Global Center For Peace Announces Peace Student Essay Winners - The Chattanoogan May 4, 2015Gandhi Global Center For Peace Announces Peace Student Essay WinnersThe ChattanooganIn January, Mahatma Gandhi's grandson Arun Gandhi announced the 2015 Gandhi Global Center for Peace essay contest for students to share their vision for nonviolence and peace around the world. In a partnership between Gandhi Global Center for ...
- Gandhi brings message of nonviolence to CCC - Corning Leader April 26, 2015Corning LeaderGandhi brings message of nonviolence to CCCCorning LeaderSome believe, however, that society needs to hear the message of non-violence now more than ever. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, brought the message of nonviolence he learned from his grandfather to Corning Community College Saturday.and more »