Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Steinberg: This Gandhi learned pacifism at the master's feet - Chicago Sun-Times November 13, 2014Steinberg: This Gandhi learned pacifism at the master's feetChicago Sun-TimesArun Gandhi, 80, grandson of Mohandas K. Gandhi, is in Chicago to help plan the next Parliament of the World's Religions, to be held in October 2015 in Utah. His Gandhi Worldwide Education Institute is based in Wauconda. | Neil Steinberg/Sun-Times.
- Legacy Of Hope Foundation Names Honorary Board In Support Of The Nelson ... - PR Newswire (press release) November 11, 2014Legacy Of Hope Foundation Names Honorary Board In Support Of The Nelson ...PR Newswire (press release)The Legacy of Hope Honorary Board consists of the late Dr. Maya Angelou, Ruby Bridges, Christy and Ed Turlington Burns, Viola Davis, Dame Judi Dench, Arun Gandhi, Whoopi Goldberg, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Salma Hayek Pinault, Katherine Heigl, Sir Anthony ...and more »
- Exhibitor Speak: Rasmussen, area sales manager, Tresu and Arun Gandhi ... - PrintWeek India October 31, 2014Exhibitor Speak: Rasmussen, area sales manager, Tresu and Arun Gandhi ...PrintWeek IndiaTresu's doctor blades are expensive. Rasmussen, area sales manager, Tresu and Arun Gandhi, Capital Graphic Supplies, explain why they are also the best. As the label market grows, especially as the label market world-wide recovers from the set-back in ...
- Let There Be Peace: A Q&A With Arun Gandhi - The Nation. October 27, 2014The Nation.Let There Be Peace: A Q&A With Arun GandhiThe Nation.Arun Gandhi was 14 years old when his grandfather, Mahatma Gandhi, the most prominent leader in India's independence movement, was assassinated. It was 1948, just one year after the country gained independence from Great Britain. Two years prior ...
- Dr Arun Gandhi condemns 'racist' Michael Brown shooting in emotional speech - Daily Mail October 19, 2014Daily MailDr Arun Gandhi condemns 'racist' Michael Brown shooting in emotional speechDaily MailMahatma Gandhi's grandson has blasted the shooting of Michael Brown and 109 other people in St Louis this year. Addressing hundreds of mothers gathered at a silent march today, Dr Arun Gandhi condemned prejudice in the city as a source of the violence ...and […]