Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Gandhi's grandson to preach peace in Londonderry - Londonderry Today June 23, 2016Londonderry TodayGandhi's grandson to preach peace in LondonderryLondonderry TodayDr Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mohandas K “Mahatma” Gandhi, will today deliver an inspiring speech on peace and non-violence at a special lecture hosted by Ulster University at its Magee campus in Londonderry. The visit is the first headline event to be ...
- Grandson of legendary Indian peacemaker Mohandas Gandhi to give keynote address in Derry - Derry Now June 20, 2016Derry NowGrandson of legendary Indian peacemaker Mohandas Gandhi to give keynote address in DerryDerry NowThe grandson of Mohandas Gandhi is to visit Derry this week to give a keynote address. Dr Arun Gandhi (pictured) will deliver the inaugural lecture under the John Hume and Thomas P. O'Neill Chair in Peace. The event will take place […]
- Gandhi's grandson speaking twice in Bucks County on nonviolence - Newsworks.org June 12, 2016Newsworks.orgGandhi's grandson speaking twice in Bucks County on nonviolenceNewsworks.orgArun Gandhi will be joining The Peace Center of Langhorne on Sunday as part of the organization's 35 anniversary for the "Speak Up for Peace" Campaign. Gandhi, 82, advocates for total nonviolence across the world. He has spoken in numerous countries ...and more »
- 'Legacies of Nonviolence' brings Gandhi's grandson to Hamburg - Buffalo News June 8, 2016Buffalo News'Legacies of Nonviolence' brings Gandhi's grandson to HamburgBuffalo NewsTo celebrate and commemorate Sister Karen's legacy 10 years after her death, Immaculata Academy in Hamburg, her alma mater, recently welcomed Arun Gandhi to speak at “Legacies of Nonviolence: From Gandhi to Sister Karen,” a fundraiser for the Sister ...
- Gandhi's grandson to keynote events in Newtown and Doylestown as part of The Peace Center's 35th anniversary - Bucks Local News June 5, 2016Bucks Local NewsGandhi's grandson to keynote events in Newtown and Doylestown as part of The Peace Center's 35th anniversaryBucks Local NewsLANGHORNE >> Arun Gandhi, 82, grandson of India's legendary leader Mohandas K. (Mahatma) Gandhi, will be the guest speaker at a luncheon in Newtown and a dinner in Doylestown on Sunday, June 12. The event […]