Arun Gandhi Bio
Born in 1934 in Durban, South Africa, Arun is the fifth grandson of India’s legendary leader, Mohandas K. “Mahatma” Gandhi. Growing up under the discriminatory apartheid laws of South Africa, he was beaten by “white” South Africans for being too black and “black” South Africans for being too white; so, Arun sought eye-for-an-eye justice. However, he learned from his parents and grandparents that justice does not mean … [Read More...]
Gandhi Legacy Tour
Gandhi Legacy Tours Info “… ” … in the essence of Gandhi’s philosophy of nonviolence and how individuals can apply it to bring about socio-economic change. The tour visits rural India and urban slums to see and compare projects helping to make the change we wish to see in the world. Gandhi believed in creating a “Sarvodaya” society — a society where everyone would enjoy a reasonably good standard of living with … [Read More...]
Legacy of Love
by Arun Gandhi Softcover (Edition: 2001) Pages: 194 (Black & White iIlus: 20) Our Price: $30.00 (autographed by author) Legacy of Love: My Education in the Path of Nonviolence Book Description – Called a messenger of peace, Arun Gandhi — Mahatma Gandhi's grandson — has dedicated his life to spreading his grandfathers teachings around the globe. This compelling memoir begins in the heart of … [Read More...]
The Forgotten Woman: The Untold Story of Kastur – Wife of Mahatma Gandhi By Arun & Sunanda Gandhi Pages: 314 (Black & White iIlus: 22)Our Price: $19.95 Order The Forgotten Woman Norm Goldman of Bookpleasures.com writes: It is wonderful to find a book about Kastur (Kasturba) Gandhi (“Ba” as she was known) wife of the legendary Mahatma Gandhi that debunks many historians who have … [Read More...]
Grandfather Gandhi A Picture Book for All Ages By Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus Illustrated by Evan Turk Published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers Hardcover, eBook Locate a copy at Book People | IndieBound Amazon | B&N | Local Library Description Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson tells the story of how his grandfather taught him to turn darkness into light in this uniquely personal and vibrantly … [Read More...]
- Legacy continues at CRUSADER - Leader and Times July 30, 2015Legacy continues at CRUSADERLeader and Times“I remember after I graduated, I got an opportunity to do a really big interview with Arun Gandhi, Gandhi's grandson,” he said. “That was a huge, huge deal. I freaked out, and the first thing I did was call Anita for support and encouragement and good ...
- Texas literary roundup: Awards, fame and how to make $100 for one sentence - Dallas Morning News (blog) July 29, 2015Dallas Morning News (blog)Texas literary roundup: Awards, fame and how to make $100 for one sentenceDallas Morning News (blog)... for fiction; Getting Life by Michael Morton for nonfiction; Beast by Frances Justine Post for poetry; Nightingale's Nest by Nikki Loftin for middle grade/ young adult; and Grandfather Gandhi by Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus for […]
- Gandhi as Moral Leader - and Business Strategist: New Book by Woodbury ... - PR Newswire (press release) July 14, 2015Gandhi as Moral Leader - and Business Strategist: New Book by Woodbury ...PR Newswire (press release)The book includes a foreword from Arun Gandhi, Gandhi's grandson. "Gandhi and Leadership reveals how Gandhi, starting as a 'one-man boundary force,' became a century's conscience," Dr. Dhiman said. "Gandhi's leadership principles and practices were ...and more »
- Peace farmer Arun Gandhi asks Chilmark gathering to sow the seeds - Martha's Vineyard Times July 1, 2015Martha's Vineyard TimesPeace farmer Arun Gandhi asks Chilmark gathering to sow the seedsMartha's Vineyard TimesOn a hilltop in Chilmark Sunday, self-avowed peace farmer Arun Gandhi spoke to a crowd of about 100 people on the lessons he learned from his grandfather, Mohandas Gandhi, who set an example of nonviolent protest that bedeviled the British and […]
- How Arun Gandhi Continues His Grandfather's Legacy By 'Planting The Seeds Of ... - KGOU April 8, 2015KGOUHow Arun Gandhi Continues His Grandfather's Legacy By 'Planting The Seeds Of ...KGOU67 years after Gandhi's death, his grandson Arun Gandhi continues spreading that message of peace and carries on his legacy. The younger Gandhi grew up in South Africa under apartheid and faced constant prejudice because of the color of his skin.